The Document Foundation
Formal Board of Directors Meeting 2022-12-19
Session chair: Thorsten Behrens
Keeper of the minutes: Stephan Ficht
In the meeting:
Board Members - Gábor Kelemen, Cor Nouws, Paolo Vecchi, Thorsten Behrens, Emiliano Vavassori (joined 17:15 UTC)
Board Deputy Members - Gabriel Masei
Membership Committee Members - Uwe Altmann
Membership Committee Substitute Members -
Community - "Kiria" (joined 17:22 UTC)
Team - Stephan Ficht, Florian Effenberger, Ilmari Lauhakangas, Stéphane Guillou, Sophie Gautier, Hossein Nourikhah, Guilhem Moulin
Representation: Gabriel Masei for Ayhan Yalçınsoy
The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 6 Board of Directors members are attending or represented in the call.
The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.
The meeting is quorate and invitation happened in time. From now on, motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple majority of those remaining present. The majority threshold is currently 4.
Any updates regarding director affiliations?
* no changes, current affiliations see election page:
* Lázsló affiliation changed (dropping NISZ, now his own company)
Would any of the directors present need to declare an interest, for any of the listed agenda items?
* 1. (none)
* 2. (none)
* 3. (none)
* 4. (none)
The public meeting commences at 17:10 UTC / 18:10 Berlin time.
1. Q&A: Answering questions from the community (all, 10 minutes)
Rationale: Provide an opportunity for the community to ask questions to the board and about TDF
* what about Ayhan? (Stephan)
* missing most time
* actual schedule issues (Thorsten)
* did explain why he couldn't make it
* Discourse tested? (Sophie)
* what is the board's position/decision?
* ask Guilhem (Thorsten)
* happy to have it asap (Thorsten)
* everyone needs an account, but not a blocker
* go first with discuss list
* at the long run we will end up with Discourse (Uwe)
* bind to SSO?
* misunderstanding; one have to manually login first
* opportunity to work on it (Ilmari)
* budget needed
* sum nearly around sum for Jitsi
* manageable sum
* no SQL feature
* nice to have this decided
* prolly not that huge amount of work left
* any thoughts?
* some OSS funding (Thorsten)
* small question mark in general
* spend donation money here?
* has to be balanced out
* prospective out others
* work together with Bugzilla people (Guilhem)
* win-win situation
* rely on OSS tool (Thorsten)
* possible board won't find a spin
* previous funding?
* don't remember (Florian)
* important have that maintained (Thorsten)
* minimum (Ilmari)
* now more modest
* first push
* KDE, Linux Foundation
* might good to share w/ Advisory Board, get some ideas (Thorsten)
* if not plausible altenative to that
* happy about the proposal doc (Ilmari)
* no prob if delayed
* will earmark (Throrsten)
* discuss how to structure
* get Bugzilla 6.0 released
* review in January (Florian)
* budget carry over available
* enables our people
* kick off next year
* thx to Ilmari (Thorsten)
* two options
* carry away or support project
The public meeting ends at 17:31 UTC / 18:31 Berlin time.
2. Discussion: Status update strategic goals (all, 20 minutes)
Rationale: Discussion and follow-up from the items discussed in Berlin and Milano
3. Discussion: Plans and initial budget ideas for 2023 (all, 20 minutes)
Rationale: The primary agenda item for this formal meeting is the
discussion of the first draft of our 2023 budget, that we will finalize and approve early next year.
4. Discuss: Last minute item(s) (owner of the item, all 10 minutes)
The private meeting ends at 18:27 UTC / 19:27 Berlin time.
Thorsten Behrens (Session chair)
Stephan Ficht (Keeper of the minutes)