unwanted red lines on spreadsheet and info boxes

LO 6.4.7.2 in UbuntuStudio 20.04

Suddenly in the middle of a sheet of a newly created spreadsheet, it has developed a rash of red lines. Some enclose a range of cells and some just appear on the whole row.

If I hover over these red lines, a small yellow info box opens which informs me that I, at date, time, deleted rows xx:yy.  Or if the line is a box enclosing a range of cells, the note tells me that on date/time I moved Range A12:B12 to C13:D13.

I don't know what I did to cause these lines to appear and what's worse. I don't know how to make them vanish. I certainly didn't change anything in Tools/Options. I have checked all menu columns and tried to find some reference in the Manual but without success.

What I was doing when these lines appeared was pasting text data into a single column over about 40 or 50 rows, deleting rows I didn't need and then selecting two adjacent cells, cutting them out with Ctrl-X, selecting a new empty cell higher in the column and then pasting the contents in with Paste Special (Shift-Ctrl-V) using the transpose function to paste to two adjacent cells in the same row. I have done this hundreds of times over a lengthy period with many spreadsheets and this evening I had completed the operations some 20 to 25 times with no problem then suddenly it all went wrong.

I've tried copying the info over to a new sheet but red lines follow and, worse,  everywhere I move the cursor on the new sheet, a little box attached to the cursor provides info (unwanted).

No doubt I had some faulty manipulation somewhere but if anyone can tell me how to get rid of this unwanted info, and what I did to provoke it, I'd be grateful.

To suppress the recording (and display) of changes, toggle off Edit | Track Changes > | Record.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Thank you, Brian. That's exactly what it was.  Since I have never knowingly used Track Changes and it never affected the top half of my data, it must have turned itself on. Now, I know that is not a reasonable supposition so I have investigated to try to understand what I did.

I was working automatically, almost on autopilot, using a series of keyboard shortcuts - Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-X, Shift-Ctrl-V, Shift-Ctrl-Alt-V, arrow keys, Enter ...  etc. I must have accidentally hit an unwanted key.

Searching in Tools | Customize | Keyboard for existing shortcuts revealed under Category | Edit, a shortcut for Record Shift-Ctrl-C.  That is what I must have hit once and only once because it acts as an on-off toggle and the second time produces a dialogue box which gives the game away.

Thanks again, Brian. My knowledge has been increased and I'll know better next time.

Philip