changing anchor of image drops me to end of document

Writer in LO 6.4.7.2 in Ubuntu 20.4

I am reformatting some documents to a larger print size. This involves changing layout of pages and the requirement to perform some operations on images. For each image, I need to turn off wrap, change the anchor point from paragraph to character and then align middle to anchor.

I completed this reformatting task on Vol 1 with some 90 odd images with absolutely no problem (other than wrist ache). Today I started on Vol 2, again with around 90 images but right from the first image I got this strange effect. I can turn the wrap off ok, but when I change the anchor from paragraph to character, my display of the document zaps me down some 120 pages right to the very end of the document.

The actual operation of changing the anchor point gets completed correctly and I eventually found that the easy way to get back to my correct place in the document was simply to hit the up arrow key. At first, it was an annoying scroll back up to the right place until I found that a simple click of the up arrow key would do the job. But I am puzzled by this behaviour. Any ideas?

Philip

I am reformatting some documents to a larger print size. This involves
changing layout of pages and the requirement to perform some operations on
images. For each image, I need to turn off wrap, change the anchor point
from paragraph to character and then align middle to anchor.

Are you doing this via the right-click menu? I do mods like this in the
dialog box, and I have not experienced this issue, using a very similar
LO6.4.7.2 and a variant of ubuntu 18.04 and another system with LO6.4.7.2
and a variant of ubuntu 20.04.

With right clicks, I did see the view shifting, but not like you say all
the way to the bottom. With the dialog box, it seems to shift less, but it
all happens at once if you're making multiple changes... you don't apply
until you have all the settings right.

And by "dialog box" I mean right click on the image then choose the
"properties" item on the menu (last one). The dialog box that appears has
all the settings in the right click menu and more.

This ceased to be a problem today. Solved by another reboot? Probably was something introduced by Ubuntu updates 2 days' ago. Those same 'security' updates (mainly of LO) were extensive. They downloaded and installed quietly behind the scenes - no reboot required. But I was working in LO with Writer and Calc during the download and somewhat later in the day, when opening older spreadsheets I discovered they were empty - no contents at all. I quickly figured that it might be connected with the updates so I rebooted. Sure enough, that made all my older spreadsheets ok again.

When I had the problem with the images in Writer, subject of this thread, my machine had already had a couple of reboots so I didn't suspect the updates. But today, after a 3rd reboot, all is back to what I consider 'normal'.

Sorry, list,  - bothered you for nothing.

Philip