have a cell with text in different colors with function

Hi, how can I have a cell with words in different colors using a function as in the example attached.

in the calc spreadsheet the word in A1 and the word in A2 are concatenated in A3 with the formula:
=CONCATENATE("the magic is "; A1; " and ";A2)
the result I would like to get is in A5

manythanks, ciao, pier

Hi Brian :wink:

how can I have a cell with words in different colors ...

Er, different from what, please?

Different from the normal black, the word "red" in red and the word "yellow" in yellow

... using a function as in the example attached.

There is no example attached. Attached files are normally removed by the mailing list processor before messages are distributed.

sorry, I thougt that small calc files was allowed to attach

... in the calc spreadsheet the word in A1 and the word in A2 are concatenated in A3 with the formula: =CONCATENATE("the magic is "; A1; " and ";A2) the result I would like to get is in A5

If you want it in A5, why put it in A3?

You probably need to define your problem if anyone is to be able to help.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker - privately

well, in A1 I have the text "red"
in A2 I have the text "yellow"
in A3 the formula: =CONCATENATE("the magic is "; A1; " and ";A2)
where the result is:

the magic is red and yellow

whee all the words are in black

I would like to have this result:

the magic isred and yellow

where the word "the magic is" is in black, the word "red" inred , the word "and" is in black and the word "yellow" in yellow

I hope this explanation could be better

manythanks, ciao, pier

P,S, OT, I noted that the nabble platform doesn't work anymore, is it in use or not?

There have been several threads in the past year about attempts to consolidate channels to improve support. With respect to nabble in particular, I think the latest was in July. This <https://www.mail-archive.com/users@global.libreoffice.org/msg56883.html> was the last message in that thread.

-John